What should I raise for my domestic use: Goat or Sheep

Dear Team,
I am wanting a dairy animal to produce my own milk at home. We don't
want a cow, and had basically decided to get a goat when I read in a
magazine about dairy sheep. It sounded interesting so I followed up on
it. But most of the info I found online is about producing sheep milk
for commercial purposes. I have read a lot of info on goats and we had
a nubian(Bonnie Goat) growing up. I am wondering if anyone has ever
milked a sheep for their own family's use or if that is impractical. I
would also like to hear the pros and cons of both animals from those
who have raised them. Thanks so much for your help...

Outside United States

For milk for home consumption, i would suggest a dairy goat. there are many dairy goat breeds that are excellent milk producers. As a whole, goats are used more than sheep for home milk. I think the main reason is dairy goats are much more available. East Friesian is a breed of sheep that is excellent for milking but the chances of finding this breed of sheep in your area would most likely be limited. I think goats as a rule tend to be more docial and tend to become more pet like when a sheeps temperment is not. the other thing to consider is how much milk would a goat vs a sheep give you. It would take some research on the sheep to answer that question. Hopes this helps.
Paula

Dear Paula,
I need dairy animal for my use only. I have a dairy goat for my family. I am 36. I am feeling weakness. I decided to take pure milk in my daily routine. What you suggest me to buy, a goat or a sheep?

I would suggest a dairy goat for the reasons i mentioned in the first response.
Paula