Can I save my hydrangia?

My hydrangea was nipped by the recent frost and all the new leaves are turning brown. How can I help it? Should I cut it back past the frozen spots? Or should I leave it to its own devices? Thanks for your help.

Montgomery County Maryland shrubs hydrangea cold damage

Hydrangeas are susceptible to cold damage. At this point simply monitor the plant as we may have more cold temperatures. Once this has passed you should be able to determine what you should prune.
Watch for new growth at the base of the plant. If the plant has basal shoots that are about 6 inches in length, but the upper parts are bare, then the bare stems need to be removed. Scratch the bare stems with your fingernail and look for green tissue. If you see it, the stems are still viable. Whether this years flowers are affected, the buds of which are formed the previous growing season, remains to be seen.
Just give it water if we enter a period of drought.