Asked April 13, 2016, 9:20 AM EDT

We have a tree in our back yard that is loosing it's bark. I have pictures but I'm wondering who I should send them to. Also, I'm not sure what kind of tree it is.

Polk County Iowa

This Question is Waiting for an eXtension Answer

What's an eXtension Answer? Your questions are answered by Cooperative Extension and University staff and volunteers from across the United States. That means the answer given here will be objective, research-based and credible.