Soil calcium level is excessive

I received my soil test results last week and my garden soil has an excessive above optimum calcium level. I plant tomatoes, hot peppers, and other vegetables. Should I be concerned about this and if so, what can I do to lower the calcium level? Thanks Roy Painter

Westmoreland County Pennsylvania master gardener program soil test results horticulture vegetable gardening

If you got a soil test from Penn State, there is usually a recommendation for actions you need to take in the "Messages" area at the bottom. I'm looking at a soil test with above optimum levels of magnesium. The recommendation is to use a fertilizer with no trace minerals. Also, you should make sure your pH is neutral since calcium can tip the pH towards alkaline. In that case, the soil test usually recommends adding acidic materials like sulfur.