Soap taste in canned goods

I randomly get a soapy taste in my jars of applesauce or stew. Other family members notice it also. Both processed in pressure cooker. What could be the problem?

Tillamook County Oregon

Are the applesauce and stew canned in glass jars? And, have you canned other products that don't have the soapy taste, or are these the only two products you've canned?

Nancy Kershaw, nancy.kershaw@oregonstate.edu

Yes canned in jars. For sure just applesauce n pork stew lately but i kind of remember taco soup from last years batch. It is so random to get the taste. Same batch can have some with soap taste and some without. Sure is making me sad as gett

I will do more investigation, so far haven't found a cause. I will be on vacation through May 1, but will keep digging and get back to you as soon as I find something. If you need a quicker answer, please submit your question to Ask an Answer again.

Sorry I haven't been able to find an answer yet.

Nancy
nancy.kershaw@oregonstate.edu