VEGETABLE OPTIMUM GROWING LIGHT LEVEL

Good Day:

Is there a publication that you can direct me to that will help me determine what the OPTIMUM LIGHT LEVEL will be for my HYDROPONIC VEGETABLE GREENHOUSE growing (tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, snow peas, summer squash, and bell peppers)?

Thank you for your attention to this request. I look forward to your reply.

Bruce Warren
Brookings, OR

Curry County Oregon

Hi Bruce:

I did fine this answer from University of Auburn/ Alabama A&M. Hope it helps.

http://www.aces.edu/pubs/docs/A/ANR-1151/index2.tmpl

Light

The amount of light required varies from plant to plant. Most fruiting plants such as corn, tomatoes, and peppers need 8 to 10 hours of sunlight a day. If these plants are grown indoors, an artificial light must be used to provide high light intensity without causing the temperature to rise above acceptable levels. This situation may be difficult to achieve. On the other hand, many ornamental and foliage plants require less sunlight than fruiting plants do and therefore perform very well indoors. One common error in applying hydroponics is trying to grow plants in reduced light when full sun is required.