Best time to apply preemergent for crabgrass in ND

I have read many times that the best time to apply a pre-emergent for crabgrass is when soil temperature is 55-60 degrees. How can I know this without the use of a soil thermometer. Is there a website that monitors and posts current soil temperatures for ND? 2016 has been warmer than normal. Does this mean that I will need to apply a pre-emergent sooner than in other years?

Stutsman County North Dakota lawns and turf crabgrass crabgrass preemergent horticulture

Yes there is. You can use the NDAWN weather station data which can be found online at: https://ndawn.ndsu.nodak.edu/. Just click on the weather station location that is closest to you and it will provide you the data from the previous day. If you want to know the current weather data, click on the "view current weather conditions" link under the date. NDAWN has recorded both the bare soil temperature and the turf soil temperature. If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - alicia.harstad@ndsu.edu or 701-252-9030.