EAB in Leisure World Silver Spring, MD?????

(PART #1) My friend, who is a photographer, always sends me pics of flowers, plants, trees, insects to identify. She had just sent me pics of trees, which she had thought were woodpecker holes (looked more like a porcupine, to me.). The next day, she sent me pics of the same trees that had fallen, after the high winds of last week. I was shocked my what I was looking at, and I immediately sent them to my son, who works in the Plant Biology Dept. at MSU for his opinion, because I knew that MI was having trouble w/ the EAB. He said, that it sure looked like the EAB, but to check with the UMD for confirmation. I am concerned , because the landscaper has already cut up the wood for what appears to be firewood. I am going to send several pics before and after; could someone please give me a speedy answer, re: if it is EAB, or not? I am sending 2 emails, so that I can send more pics. Thank you. ~

Montgomery County Maryland

What great photos of what wonderful habitat is available to wildlife and insect life when dead trees (snags) are left standing.

We do not see anything concerning in your photos. First off, is there a way to confirm that this long dead tree was an ash?
The close up of the galleries don't show the typical 'D' shaped exit holes and serpentine galleries indicative of Emerald Ash Borer. Sometimes woodpecker interest is one of the hints that EAB is around, but as a natural process of wood decay occurs, it's not unusual to see any number of boring and other insects work on the wood.
Finally, EAB is found in large enough areas now that Maryland Department of Agriculture is not keeping track of it's spread in Central Maryland. The Maryland quarantine has been dropped,
Here is our page of information and links all about EAB: http://www.extension.umd.edu/hgic/invasives/emerald-ash-borer