Garden placement

I have a sand mound and I wanted to start some kind of garden close to it whether it be a veggie sweet corn n even maybe strawberries. The area was overgrown with some kind of fast growing trees n green briars and thorn trees. The soil seems very well drained n suitable for a 2nd garden and it has very good sunlight. My 1st garden is full thus the reason for a 2nd

Blair County Pennsylvania

It's important to keep trees and deep rooted plants away from your sand mound. The roots can interfere with the plumbing and cause expensive repairs. Turf grass and ground covers are a good choice for the mound itself. Also, shallow rooted plants are okay.
Here is a link to a publication about landscaping septic systems. They recommend keeping edibles away from the drainage field. They also urge wearing gloves when you handle the soil on the septic field because of e-coli and other harmful pathogens.