Toad and Frog friends

I am wanting to know if it is normal for a frog and toad to be friends? I have some really cool pictures of a little frog and a toad that were always together on my front porch. If the little Frog got scared of something he'd get on the toad's back or legs. Everyone that I've talked to about this has said they've never seen or heard of this.
Thank you,
Rebecca Reding
Anderson, Indiana

Madison County Indiana

Hi Rebecca,

The popular Arnold Lobel children's books notwithstanding, there's really no such thing as wild animals of different species who are "friends". These two amphibians are probably hanging out together because the habitat on your front porch was ideal for both of them (maybe lots of bugs to eat around your porch lights, crevices to hide in, moisture). The physical contact between the two is unusual but probably mostly accidental. If you upload the pictures, I might be able to tell you more.

More information:
http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/3325.htm