using fungicide

Last year I had fungus growing in my garden beds. At that time I was advised to apply fungicide this Spring. When will it be time to do that? Please include info. on application and anything else that a first time user should know.

Hennepin County Minnesota fungicides mildew and mold control

I am sorry but I need more information. What was the fungus. Where was it? Who diagnosed it.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pix. I first notices rings of a color different than the leaf color on some of the leaves of my Geranium maculatum plants. As this problem spread the leaves died. Eventually there was a white fuzz on some of the plants.

If the disease was on plants, the recommended steps are to remove and destroy infected plants. Then clean the area thoroughly, make sure all trace of infected leaves, etc. is removed. Your description sounds like Grey Mold. Here is a link to our page on diseases of geraniums. Please peruse the various links. The Grey Mold link is at the bottom with Discolored Flowers. http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/diagnose/plant/annualperennial/geranium/index.html