Croton Complications

Hi, I recently bought my croton plant and it was looking great, I haven't repotted it and was kept in the same pot as in the plant shop. A day after, all the leaves started to lean downwards and every day more. now its been a week and the plant looks like this...(Pic Attached) Its in a good bright location, not too hot and the sun isn't direct sun although its by the window. Its watered every 4 to 6 days not too much, and every now and then I open the window so it would be a little humid. its too humid outside so figured it should be good to do so. but ive not seen any changes so far. The bottom part of the plant seems its doing fine. Please advise. Much appreciated

Outside United States houseplants decline croton

Your croton may be drooping because it is either getting too much water or not enough. Take the plant outdoors and remove the plant from the container. Check the roots and make sure they are firm and white and not black and mushy. If they are, trim the damaged roots and then repot with fresh potting soil that drains well. Make sure the container has holes for good drainage. They like humidity so you can stand the pot on a tray of damp pebbles.

Crotons are beautiful plants but require high light and regular water to look their best. They need to be placed in a south window (or in an area with high artificial light). They also need regular water, the soil should remain moist - not wet - but moist. Make sure the plant is in a container with adequate drainage and learn how often you need to water it to maintain this level of moisture. See more http://gardeningsolutions.ifas.ufl.edu/plants/ornamentals/croton.html