Old grape vine

I have discovered an old, single grape vine this spring. It is on my neighbor's property and she has given me permission to transplant onto my land. It is about 150 foot long (really! goes up one old tree and hangs down the other side.) Curiously, there are still grapes from last season. my question is how to make cuttings, transplant and/or just start my own vine(s). We think it is at least 30-40 years old, based on the fact that her aunt, who grew grapes planting it with other vines, died years ago. I will take pictures as soon as I can and send but am at work and worry that it may be getting late in the season. Thank you for any help.

Columbia County Pennsylvania

Grape vines are easily frown from cuttings, and now is the time. You want to take softwood cuttings of young sections of the vine before it leafs out, choosing ones smaller in diameter than a pencil and about 8 - 12 inches long (about 6 leaf nodes). Be sure to keep the cutting in the same orientation as the parent - it will not root if placed upside down. Dip the bottom half into a commercial rooting hormone (optional), and insert bottom three nodes (about 1/2) into loose soil mix or vermiculite. Keep the soil moist, and cuttings should begin to leaf out as they begin to root. You can easily root 4 or 5 plants in a single pot.