Struggling olive tree

My 4 yr old olive tree started showing signs of wilted or dried burnt branches. It is the focal point of my mediterranean back yard. Thru winter it has continued to have dried branches. I did have an arborist out twice to look and diagnois the problem. He said it is either wilt or scorch. That it came in the ball of the soil from the farm it come from. He cut off the effected branches, however it continued thru winter. I live in southern California in a fairly warm climate. Irvine. Will this continue? Should I have the tree cut back? It has a beautiful trunk (multi). It looks very sad. My tree trimer is coming this week to manicure my yard. Will this continue? Can this tree be saved? Help. Thank you.

Orange County California

Hi ... your message was directed to me - over on the east coast, but I'm going to have you contact an Extension Agent at the University of California, Irvine office for a more accurate diagnosis of the problem and solution. They can be reached at P.O. Box 6050, Irvine, CA 9216 or by phone at (949) 824-5414. ~DOT