Advisability of growing pink or purple pampas grass

Hello! I would like to hide an 4' square electric box in my yard, near where I removed a Bradford Pear tree. Due to underground wires, I think a bush or ornamental grass would be best. I really like the large plumes of Pampas Grass, and online I see pictures of pink pampas grass (and amazon sells seeds of purple pampas grass!) "cortaderia selloana - rosea or purple." Stadler's nursery said Pampas Grass is marginally hardy in this area, but I read that it can be grown in zone 6b in a sheltered area and higher. I'm in zone 7a in Montgomery County, the area is on a slight incline in full sun. Wikipedia indicates pampas grass can be an invasive species, but it sounds like this is mostly in California and/or New Zealand. Do you think attempting to grow pink or purple pampas grass is advisable? I have my doubts about seeds germinating well/quickly, and would like to obtain small plants. Stadler's thinks they can't get themYour from their grower, and Johnson's will check in May. What are your thoughts? Thank you!

Montgomery County Maryland

Pampas grass, Cortaderia selloana is a large perennial grass native to Brazil, Argentina, and Chile. It will survive in zones 7b -10. It grows too large for most home landscapes and has sharp edges to the leaves. It can grow aggressively and end up in other parts of your landscape due to the large seedheads. We do not recommend planting it.
Consider native ornamental grasses: Panicum virgatum, switchgrass and Little Bluestem, Schizachyrum scoparium
See more http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/earth-friendly/20-recommended-native-plants-maryland