What to do in the spring following tall fescue fall seeding

My front yard is about 1100 sqft, and I did a renovation involving tilling and removing stones and then seeding with tall fescue early September 2015. However, the grass did not reach a height for me to mow. Some weeds have filled in by now where no seed germinated. Not sure if it would be best to wait until 3rd mowing (probably early May) and apply Weed & Feed and then overseed in fall or if I instead should overseed in spring and not kill weeds until the fall. Also, is there anything I should do to kickstart the grass growth? The lawn still appears dormant from winter.

Boone County Kentucky grass planting grass seed tall fescue boone county kentucky horticulture

Kill the small patches of weeds with Roundup, which kills everything it touches. A few days later, overseed the whole yard. First, apply a lawn fertilizer that does not contain any herbicide (weed control product), but only at half the normal rate for lawn fertilization. That reduced rate would amount to 0.5 pound of actual nitrogen per 1,000 sq. ft. of lawn, or 5 pounds of 10-10-10 per 1,000 sq. ft.

You may need to overseed again in the fall. If not, you can use general broadleaf weed control products at that time which contain 2,4-D, or simply use a fertilizer containing herbicide for weed control in the fall. Fertilize twice in the fall, from Sept-Dec., about 6 weeks apart, using the equivalent of 10 pounds of 10-10-10 per 1,000 sq. ft of lawn, or base application rate on soil test results (best).