Nightshade

I pulled wheel barrow loads of nightshade out of 1 1/2 acre pasture. I don't want the animals to get sick again from eating nightshade. I have horses and llamas. What can I use to prevent it from coming back this spring? We are a dry lot no irrigation but this stuff grows with the cheat grass and mustard weed.2015 first time that it grew on our property.

Crook County Oregon nightshade pasture weeds

The key to managing nightshade is to not let it go to seed and spread throughout your pasture. I would consider treating your pasture with 7 oz/acre of Milestone herbicide (aminopyralid) after the majority of broadleaf weeds, including the nightshade, have emerged later this spring. Milestone is very effective on a wide range of broadleaf weed species/brush. There would be no grazing or feeding restrictions following application for your horses or llamas.