Transplanting Tomato and Eggplant Seedlings into Larger Pots

I started my Tomato and Eggplant Seedlings in plastic 6-packs and plan to transplant them into larger pots as soon as the plants develop their first set of true leaves. The larger pots are reused ones that I used last season. Do these larger pots have to be washed and sterilized with a 10% bleach solution before I reuse them again as transplant containers? Also, I know that it is advisable to bury tomato stems when transplanting to increase root growth. Can the stems of leggy eggplants also be buried somewhat to increase root growth?

Cambria County Pennsylvania seedlings potting vegetable gardening

Yes, the larger containers should be washed and sterilized with a bleach solution before using again. When potting up, you can transplant the seedlings right up to the first set of true leaves whether it is tomato or eggplant.
If you are referring to transplanting outside in the garden, eggplant do not produce roots along the stem like tomatoes.
To prevent legginess, keep the tops of the transplants 1-2 in. from the lights. Gently brushing the tops of your transplants with your hand or wooden stick will help control their height and increase stockiness. See our website for more tips http://extension.umd.edu/growit/food-gardening-101/potting