corn plant question

Hello, I'm trying to figure out what to do to help my ailing corn plant. He blossomed this winter and about 8 years ago but I fear he's not getting enough sun now and possibly too tall? I'm not sure what to do for him now. The soil was wet on his feet but I've not watered him thoroughly so the soil is better now. I'd really appreciate your guidance! Please see two attached photos of the same plant.

Illinois

The corn plant does not need direct sun. A brightly lit location (several feet from an east, west, or south window) is ideal.

Plants should be thoroughly watered when the soil surface becomes dry to the touch. Plants do not like soils that are constantly wet.

Tall, leggy plants can be propagated by cutting off the top portion of the plant and sticking it in perlite or course sand. Keep the perlite or coarse sand moist. The upper portion should root in a few weeks. The lower portion of the mother plant should develop new shoots in 2 months.