BED BUGS

Asked March 2, 2016, 9:23 AM EST

I received a call from a customer regarding an employee in her place of business that has bed bugs and has admitted to having them. She has been told he took care of the problem, however she still sees the bugs on him and a family member has many bites. She needs information to pass on to him for cleaning up the problem. She is also wondering if there is any legal action she can take if he refuses to solve the issue. She is concerned of the bugs being passed on to others.

RUSH PLEASE

Just checking on response. I only work 3 days per week and was hoping to have a response today, Thursday, March 3. Just let me know status of your search so I can contact customer. Thank you.

Alpena County Michigan

I would recommend calling the county health department about the regulatory issues and refer the employee to a professional exterminator to get rid of the problem. Bedbugs are difficult to get rid of without professional help.But keep in mind that they are not known to be an actual source of disease so there may not be legal remedies. Also generally bedbugs do not actually travel on people's bodies (they do not like body heat) so I wonder about the anecdote "she sees the bedbugs on him." And It also makes me wonder about whether there is more going on here than bedbugs.