Dry ivy leaves

Asked February 28, 2016, 1:05 AM EST

I've had this indoor ivy for about a month. I water it once a week but it has slowly died by going limp then drying out. I keep it on a windowsill and the soil isn't moist just feels a cool temperature. Is there an explanation for my ivy slowly dying like this? Is there anything I can do to nurse it back to health? Thanks

Texas plant health english ivy

Often when you see ivy wilting, it often is the result of root failure. Why the root fails? Many possible reason:
1. Did it get overwater and drown?
2. Was this plant started from cutting? If so, are there root growing?
3. The the pot (and/or plant) get too hot (or cold), extreme temperature can hurt roots.

I would suggest looking at the roots. If there are NO roots or poor looking roots, then I would suggest starting over.
Ivy plants are relatively easy to propagate. You might be able to get a cutting with small roots and just put those roots in water, held in with stone/marbles. This way you are able to see the root growth and progress of the plant. At a later stage, you could transplant the plant (with an active root) into soil.