What is this!?!

it looks like poison oak but i'm sure it's not. what could it be?

San Mateo County California plant identification poisonous plants

thank you. any idea what it might be?

It looks familiar, but these close ups of only new growth are notoriously difficult to identify. Send a one from further away to show the size, and another from even further, to show trees and plants in the surrounding area. Also, pull one up: what sort of roots? Is it a sucker from a larger root system, or is each plant a separate seedling?

do these help?
theyre individual seedlings, 3.
not matching any trees or plants nearby.
i thought maybe impatiens-Jewelweed but probably not. when it first popped up I thought Melissa-lemon balm but it's not. leaves are fragrance free.

Not jewel weed. I looked up "shrubs three lobed leaves" and there are many similar on the image search, but nothing seems quite right. I will send your question back to the expert pool to see if anyone recognizes it. The local Master Gardener Volunteers in your county may be your best resource, or a good plant nursery. Try back here in a month or so if needed, as sometimes when a bit bigger the identity is more clear.