White fuzz on amaryllis bulbs

I have several amaryllis bulbs -- from 2-5 years old (producing flowers). I brought them "out" for blooming about 3 weeks ago and they all have some "white fuzz" on the top of the bulbs. They are very slowly sprouting this year -- and if it has sprouted -- the fuzz is on the leaves. Any idea what this is and are the bulbs "good"? I checked them for firmness when I brought them out -- there was no softness to any of them.

Hennepin County Minnesota forced bulbs amaryllis

Thank you for the question. It is hard to say what the white fuzz is on your amaryllis bulbs. We suggest you examine the bulbs and leaves very closely to determine if you have a mold/fungal problem or an insect problem like mealy bugs which can look white and fuzzy. To properly treat a problem, it must be correctly diagnosed.
Here are a few links to learn about common houseplant insects and their control and powdery mildew on indoor plants:
Learn about proper amaryllis care from this University of Minnesota publication: http://www.extension.umn.edu/garden/yard-garden/flowers/growing-and-caring-for-amaryllis/

Good luck and thank you for contacting Extension. If you can't figure it out, try to send us a few up close photos of the problem areas and we will try again!