How do I apply for a Ohio farm exempt tax ID# and do I have to apply every...

How do I apply for a Ohio farm exempt tax ID# and do I have to apply every time I need one. Thank You

Ohio farm management

I am not sure if I am responding to the correct question. There is a factsheet addressing the Ohio Sales and Use Tax Exemptions that can be located at http://ohioline.osu.edu/factsheet/OAM-2.

The State of Ohio does not issue a sales tax exemption number. A vendor’s license number is NOT a sales tax exemption number. To claim exemption, you must provide a properly completed exemption certificate to your supplier.

Exemption Certificates
The following forms have been provided by the Ohio Department of Taxation for use by Ohio consumers when making exempt purchases.

Unit Exemption Certificate. This exemption certificate is used to claim exemption or exception on a single purchase.

Blanket Exemption Certificate. This certificate is used to make a continuing claim of exemption or exception on purchases from the same vendor or seller.

More information about the Ohio Sales Tax Exemption for Agricultural Producers can be found on the Ohio Department of Taxation web site located at: www.tax.ohio.gov . The form can be found at that site under the forms link titled STEC-B and STEC-U

You can direct further questions to me at bruynis.1@osu.edu