How to sample

I've got about 2 acres of land on which I'm going to plant the whole gamut: evergreens, nut trees, fruits, veggies, grasses, grains, flowers, etc. Do you need ONE sample that's collected from all over the property or do I need to break the property/number of tests down into the types of plantings I want to do. Thank you. By the way, when I called, I selected option #1 (hotline) then got a message telling me to call the hotline.

Oakland County Michigan soil testing soil and fertility issues

One soil test is probably all that you need for the hard data. However, if you want specific recommendations based on the crop you plan to grow i.e. flowers, veggies, fruit, you are correct in stating that individual submissions would be necessary to get those recommendations. Here are the hours for the hotlines:
Oakland County Hotline: (248) 858-0902 8:30 AM-12:30 PM Mondays only through March
State Master Gardener Hotline: (888) 678-3464 M-F 9:00 AM-12:00 PM through March.