My blueberry plant

Asked January 21, 2016, 5:32 AM EST

What is happening to my blueberry? In one day it leafs suddenly changes color like its goimg to die!!

Outside United States

Hello, please let us know where your blueberry plant is located. If it is ouside of the US - what country? If it is inside the US, what state and county? This way it will be easier for us to diagnose the problem and assign the question to the best expert.

Im in Indonesia, spesificly in Jakarta. I had my plant since 6 months ago, it never had any problem. Now its like this

Did you recently fertilize the plant? Symptoms like this on blueberry may result from application of too much fertilizer.

High salt levels in irrigation water can cause problems, too. Have you recently changed your water source?

Have the plants recently gone for a longer than normal period without water, or have they received more water than normal?

Symptoms also resemble those caused by the bacterial pathogen Xylella fastidiosa in some types of blueberry plants, but I'm not aware that this pathogen has been detected in blueberry anywhere outside of the United States.

My blueberry plant is in a hydroponic system with blackberry plant beside it. No, i didnt had any fertilizer. These several days was really hot and the water level has drop half then it should be. Maybe that could be the cause? But my blackberry plant has got no problem at all

Blueberries are sensitive to a lack of water, so, under the circumstances, I would guess that this was the problem. With a return to normal care and adequate (but not excessive) nutrition, I expect that it will sprout new leaves.