what's the weed & what's eating the plant

I've attached a photo (weed 2015) of a weed that I have not be able to identify can you let me know what it is. The second photo (redbud 2015) is of a Redbud I'm growing as a Bonsia, can you identify what might have been eating the leaves, this happened early spring and only seem to happen for a couple days. Thank You

Baltimore Maryland weeds hairy bittercress leaf cutter bee redbud

The weed in your photo looks like hairy bittercress. This is a winter annual. Seeds germinate from late summer through fall. Weeds overwinter and continue to grow in early spring. Control with a broadleaf postemergent herbicide (see this publication Broadleaf Weed Control in Established Lawns) when the weeds are actively growing in the spring. You can also control both with a preemergent applied in early to mid-September before it germinates. However, you would not be able to sow grass seed in the fall.

You can also handpull now or in the spring. Mow in the spring to remove the seedheads before the plants mature. This one-time bagging of the clippings is recommended. http://extension.umd.edu/hgic/hairy-bittercress

Redbud - looks like some feeding by the leaf cutter bee. This is a beneficial bee and does not do enough removal of leaf area to impact the tree at all. No action is necessary.