Concern about wood chips in planting area

I just had a small cherry tree removed, and the stump also was removed with a stump grinder. I want to plant shrubs in the area vacated by the tree, but I am concerned about the fresh wood chips that are now mixed in with the soil. I have heard that the chips will rob the soil of nitrogen--is that true, and is it a significant problem? Would it be possible to fix it by working in high-nitrogen fertilizer? And, if so, how much? Thanks for your help.

Clackamas County Oregon mulch horticulture soil and fertility issues

Small chips, like sawdust, can tie up the nutrients in that soil, but mixing in high-nitrogen fertilizer can be too much of a good thing. Are you able to plant a few feet away from the sawdust mixture and add nitrogen fertilizer if the new shrubs struggle? Here is a prior question/answer about avoiding planting in the exact same spot where a stump has been removed: https://web.extension.illinois.edu/askextension/thisQuestion.cfm?ThreadID=15340&catID=199&AskSiteID=87
The soil also settles and changes in the stump area for a few years, as the deeper roots decay; another reason to avoid immediately filling that hole with plants.

Dear Jacki D.: Thank you so much for your response! It makes perfect sense, and, fortunately, I will be able to follow your advice given my set up.
This is my first time using this "ask" feature, and clearly it is wonderful!
Thank you, thank you!
Jean