Pond Problem

Asked November 8, 2015, 12:44 PM EST

Who can assist me in resolving a problem with a neighbor's pond leaking onto my property? The pond collects water from a large area and the leakage has increased since the property owners have replaced the intake dam and tried to repair the dam. The property owner has also installed drainage pipes that increase the runoff into the pond. As far as I know , the pond owners have not gotten any permits or inspections for the alterations. On the LOJIC map ,the pond is a blueline perennial that feeds into Fishpool creek.

Jefferson County Kentucky

1 Response

I would suggest you contact the Jefferson County District Conservationist, Kurt Mason at 502-499-1900. He works with land owners who may have pond/creek issues.
Let me if this helps.

Wayne Long

ANR Agent/County Coordinator

Jefferson County Cooperative Extension Service

810 Barret Ave

Louisville, KY 40204

Office: 502-569-2344

Cell: 859-317-1099

Fax: 502-569-1680