Asked November 6, 2015, 4:31 PM EST

Being a fixed low income Veteran, could you please find out how I may get assistance in getting my home tested or a detector for radon levels in my basement. Also a CO & smoke detector would be most beneficial as I burn wood & kerosene heaters in my home to stay warm in the Winter. There is a disabled Veteran & a young child residing in the residence. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thank You.

Cullman County Alabama

3 Responses

You may order your free radon testing kit from the Alabama Department of Public Health: http://www.adph.org/radon/Default.asp?id=6416

The local Cullman City Fire Department frequently gives away smoke detectors. http://cullmanfirerescue.com/Departments/fire.htm

THANK You, Tony ~ I'm on it & have requested the test kit & smoke detector. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!