recommended treatment for botrytis

What is the recommended treatment for botrytis (gray mold) on outdoor ivy in my yard? Penn State Cooperative Extension site says "Contact Cooperative Extension to obtain information on the fungicides and biological control agents that are currently recommended for use."

New Castle County Delaware fungicides ivy gray mold

Botrytis is a fungus that usually infects fading flowers and fruit on plants such as annuals, or berries. I have not seen Botrytis on English ivy, but it may occur. You might want to send a sample in to your local Cooperative Extension office for confirmation. However, freezing temperatures will kill any Botrytis on leaves and flowers soon as winter approaches, and you could trim you ivy next spring. I often see anthracnose, caused by the fungus Colletotrichum, on ivy.

Anything that you can do to increase air circulation in your ivy patch will help to deter disease. You can also trim out old affected foliage to rejuvenate. If you need to apply a fungicide, check the labels on those found in stores. You could apply neem oil if the is only a small amount of fungal diseases present. Otherwise, look for a fungicide containing captan or thio-phanate methyl, that is labeled for use on outdoor groundcovers, including ivy. Always read and apply chemicals according to the label.

Thank you for contacting Cooperative Extension,

Nancy