what is this plant

Asked November 2, 2015, 12:06 AM EST

I live in Melbourne, Australia

Outside United States plant identification

We would need more information to have any hope if identifying this. From the photo, it could be a tree seedling, a fern, a perennial, or even an annual. Do you know which it is? Have you seen any flowers? Has it been there in previous years, or just sprouted? Does it grow from any sort of woody base? Do you know if it is evergreen or perennial?

Wow that was such a quick response, thank you. This is an evergreen, its actually 2 plants (trees) growing together so we wanted to separate and pot them, but thinking perhaps they could be trees. There's no other plants growing like it in the area (that I can find).

This is way out of my geographic area, so I may be wrong, but I think you have a Grevillea, possibly Grevillea robusta, or Silky Oak. It is an evergreen Australian native tree. Here is a link to more information about it http://www.pfaf.org/user/Plant.aspx?LatinName=Grevillea+robusta

Wow you are correct, thank you so much. I took a leaf down to the nursery and you're right. I am so glad I asked and will definitely be recommending this app xx