Bat plant looks sick

Can you tell me why my bat plant is drooping?

Pasco County Florida plant care horticulture

There could be several reasons for your bat plant to appear to not be doing well. You will want to compare the environmental conditions, watering practices, etc that the plant has been exposed to with those described here: http://gardeningsolutions.ifas.ufl.edu/giam/plants_and_grasses/flowering_plants/bat_flower.html

Is the plant exposed to too much sunlight? The bat plant prefers shaded conditions, and too much light can cause burned foliage. It appears from the picture that the plant in question is receiving some direct sunlight, so you may want to move it to a more shaded area.

Has the soil been allowed to dry down between watering? The bat plant prefers consistently moist soil, and extreme fluctuations from being too wet to too dry can cause the plant to decline.

Is the plant being fertilized? If so, how much fertilizer is being applied?

Is the plant maintained outdoors? Low night temperatures below 55F can cause damage to the plant.

These are just a few things to consider in evaluating why your plant appears to be drooping. Please let me know if you have additional questions!

Thanks very much I really appreciate your reply and you game me some very good information