Hello. Early this past summer, I planted a number of perennials into beds...

Hello. Early this past summer, I planted a number of perennials into beds with mulch cover. I intend to add a couple of inches of much this fall if the weather permits. It would be easier if the new plantings were cut down. Which if any of the following items would be best not cut down and leave as is until Spring? •Happy Returns Daylilly •Divas Choice Daylilly •Karl Foerster Feather Reed Grass •The Blues Little Bluestem Grass •Praire Dropseed Grass •Ruby Star Cornflower •Cardonna Silvia •Goldstrum Black Eyed Susan •Coral Flame Dwarf Garden Phlox •Emerald Blue Creeping Phlox •Hosta Loyalist For those I can cut down, how close to ground before I cover with mulch? Thanks. Mark Becker 651-890-9300

Scott County Minnesota winterizing

Wow, what a great selection of plants. It really is up to you, if you think it looks better to cut them down then do so. I leave the tops stand to trap more snow (moisture for Spring growth), but otherwise it makes no difference to the plants. You may cut to ground level.