Water testing

Asked October 20, 2015, 9:18 PM EDT

I recently had the chlorine levels tested in my home and they measured only .1 ppm. How do I get in touch with someone to complete further testing on my water? I'm interested in testing for lead, nitrates, etc. The City of Norton Shores informed me they would not perform these tests and I must contact an outside agency.

Muskegon County Michigan

1 Response


Thank you for your inquiry about water testing. Please call the health department in your county for the most up-to-date information and specific directions for getting your water tested. For your location, I believe this is:

Public Health, Environmental Health- Muskegon County
209 East Apple Avenue
Muskegon, Michigan 49442
(231) 724-6208


Looks like Muskegon County runs is water testing through the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality lab in Lansing. Here is their fee schedule:


Thank you again for contacting us. If this doesn't answer your question precisely, please feel free to let me know.