How do I get rid of Leafy Spurge

The gentleman that cuts hay on my cabin property notified me that one of our slash piles on the site has leafy spurge growing in it. I was wanting to get rid of this quickly. What is the best manner for me to do this?

Crook County Wyoming

Leafy Spurge is a difficult problem to get rid off. You have several options for control. If the patch is small enough you can attempt to pull the plants by hand. Pulling by hand will need to be done multiple times throughout the year and most likely multiple years. Your next control method is bio controls. Sheep, goats, and insects can be used to suppress, not eliminate leafy spurge. This method might be a little harder to concentrate your efforts to the area of invasion. The last method is chemical control. The most common chemical for leafy spurge control is Picloram. Picloram is a restricted use pesticide. I would suggest contacting the Crook County Weed and Pest regarding the use and purchase of chemicals.
I hope this helps.