Which Oregon blackberry and blueberry plants should I plant in Ohio

I live in Columbus Ohio (OSU alum) and am in Zone 5b and wondering which variety of Oregon blackberries and blueberries I should plant that will survive the winter and provide the best fruit. I would like to plant them now before it gets cold. I want to order them from an Oregon nursery. Any suggestions on a good one? Thank you. Rich Harrison

Franklin County Ohio blueberries blackberries

I think most blackberry varieties may suffer cold injury on floricanes in your region, the popular blackberries grown in Oregon may not work for you. I suggest you look for thorny erect cultivars which are usually more cold hardy than semi-erect and trailing. 'Darrow' (from Cornell University) and 'Illini Hardy' (from Univ of Illinois) have good winter hardiness-they shall work in Ohio. For blueberries, most of the northern highbush cultivars will grow fine in zone 5b. Early season cultivar 'Duke' and mid season 'Bluecrop' will work fine for you. For a list of northern highbush cultivars please visit https://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1957/45871/pnw656.pdf. As far as nurseries, I am not sure who has plants for retail sale. I suggest you find them online.