Wintering geraniums

I have a fabulous orange geranium that has been in full bloom all summer. It's so healthy and nice, and I'm thinking about wintering it over in Bismarck, ND. Not sure how to do this, and wondering if wintering or taking cuttings are the best bets for having another good year out of this geranium.

Burleigh County North Dakota perennial flowers geraniums overwintering geraniums perennials

There are many methods of over wintering geraniums and they are discussed in the following link. Different techniques work better for different people and no one has worked out what THE BEST WAY is. Some people just bring them in and put them in a pot in their sunniest window, but that only works for people with really sunny windows and supplemental light sources. You could try several approaches, taking at least one cutting and see what works best for you.vw