Obama's Climate Plan

I went to several news outlets but can not understand Obama's Climate Plan that GOP is attacking, what exactly is this new climate plan and what are the pros and cons. Can you please help me understand what it entails, did it pass, and what are the pros and cons?

Outside United States

I deal mostly with the climate system and interactions/impacts on agriculture, so I don't follow, in depth, the political side. From my understanding, in the simplest form, the plan comes with reductions in carbon pollution, planning for climate change impacts and leading international efforts to address climate change. I believe the main push back the plan is receiving is due to the economic impact a reduction in carbon pollution may have. I don't think many argue that reducing carbon pollution is a bad thing and is not important, but differ on how to accomplish that without putting the country into more debt and/or economic stress. I think international cooperation on this effort is seen as a positive from both sides of the political aisle, but accomplishing that will be difficult. Here is the plan: https://m.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/docs/cap_progress_report_final_w_cover.pdf From my knowledge the plan has not passed. I hope this sort of answers your question.