Young Valencia Orange Tree Is Turning Yellow!

Hi,

I live in Fort Bend off of FM 521. I have a young Valencia Orange tree whose leaves are almost all turning yellow. Help! It looks unnatural! What should I do?

Fort Bend County Texas

Howdy!

Without looking at any images of it, my best guess is nutrient deficiency. These plants need food, if you haven't fertilized you have several options.

1. chemical fertilizer, use a higher nitrogen fertilizer to bump up the green. You can apply as a liquid or granular form.

2. Organic fertilizer, lots of forms out there. Won't work as quick, but will eventually help out.

3. Biostimulants, bio-additives, this help the plant absorb the nutrients that are already in the soil.

4. Compost, this is a longer term help, but a regular application of compost will greatly help the overall health of the tree. Once compost is added, apply a 4-6 inch layer of mulch to discourage weed competition around the root system.

As far as disease potential, I doubt this is the issue. Try these strategies above and I think you'll see improvements.

Best of luck. Good day,

Boone

Yes!

Thank you for this great info! I definitely needed it as I was not 'feeding' the trees. I don't know if I'm in time to save the first as it is nearly leafless, but a second appears to be benefitting. The multiple options you listed allowed me to choose ones that gave speedier results.

Again, thanks. I hope to be enjoying home grown fruit in the future.

AMC