What is the best method for dahlia storage?

I have no cool place to store my dahlias over the winter and was wondering if they could be stored in a refrigerator set to a cool temperature and not a cold temperature? Otherwise, any other storing suggestion would be appreciated.

Anoka County Minnesota

Although not ideal, dahlias can be stored in the crisper drawers of your refrigerator. Keep a close eye on the temperature in the fridge. It may get too cold for a while as the machine adjusts to lots of new, warmer products. Otherwise, follow the directions for digging and cleaning and curing the tubers that we sent earlier.

If a refrigerator is not ideal and I have no cool area could you recommend an alternative method as my tubers always dry out and I am never able to recover them even as soon as I determine they are drying out. I am willing to dig a deep hope (somehow) just to over winter these items.
If I use a refrigerator then storing tubers, corms and anything else would be it's sole purpose. I still worry they would dry out in the refrigerator.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Tom Heckel

If it's possible to store the tubers in a refrigerator, the preparation methods (wrapping, etc.) mentioned in this bulletin might keep them from drying out.
http://ext100.wsu.edu/skagit/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2014/03/102607.pdf