What am I doing wrong?

I purchased this plant a week ago and it was beautiful, full and thriving. It's now turning brown, the leaves are dry and crispy but the stems are droopy. I'm not sure what to do to correct the problem. Please help!

Outside United States indoor plants plant care horticulture

Hi! The purchase of succulent indoor plants can sometimes be a challenge. As it sometimes hard to tell from pictures, I am going with instinct to say you have a type of Swedish Ivy plant; but there are many that look alike and sometimes it is the little details that tell them apart. The first question I would ask, "Did you re-pot once you brought it home?" If the answer is yes to this question, your plant could simply be going through transplant shock. Transplant shock is a term that refers to a number of stresses occurring in recently transplanted plants and his is a something they all experience when they are "uprooted" and replanted and the root system has to re-adjust to its new surroundings. Some symptoms of transplant shock include leaf scorch, wilting, yellowing, leaf rolling or curling. Your plant, even if you did not re-pot it is probably going through an acclimation of sorts where it is adjusting to its new environment. Most plants will go through an "adjustment period" when they are moved from one environment of certain light, temperature and humidity conditions into a brand new environment. This type adjustment can be seen yearly for those that move their plants outdoors in the summer and back indoors in the winter, and so on. Your home's light may be brighter or dimmer, the temperature cooler or warmer and humidity higher or lower than where it was originally being grown before you bought it. With either of these two situations, there is usually nothing to be concerned with, other than making sure not to overwater, especially succulent plants such as yours, and maybe following up with a little research on the cultural needs (light, water, temperature, humidity, etc.) of your plant to set you on the right course for a happy plant owner, and happier plant.