lily bulbs

Asked October 7, 2015, 6:49 PM EDT

something (rabbit?) is eating the bulbs, help! I have been spraying liquid fence as the leaves have been eaten and all I have left is a stick and now there is holes and bulbs are gone! this is a established asiatic and ornamental garden.

Hennepin County Minnesota wildlife damage management lilies

1 Response

Many animals find lily bulbs tasty: raccoons, rabbits, squirrels, mice, chipmunks etc. It is very frustrating because they rarely are satisfied with one or two. Tacking a wire mesh on top of the ground may help, if it isn't enough it may necessary to put replacement bulbs in a wire mesh cage.
http://homeguides.sfgate.com/rodent-protection-lily-bulbs-32951.html