Pond primrose weed

We are really struggling with primrose weed on our pond. We spray it with diquat and it returns. Since the water is not moving the vegetation sits on the surface and does not break down once it is killed. Need advise, there are 2 one acre ponds connected by a canal. One pond is visited by cattle to water them. We are located in Camp County, Texas.

Camp County Texas pond management

Good Afternoon,

I would recommend you use glyphosate to control Water Primrose. I have personally had great success with it and there is no problem with the cattle watering out of the pond after you spray it with glyphosate. If you have any other questions or would like me to come out and take a look at the ponds, feel free to give me a call at 903-856-5005.

Best Regards,

Spencer Perkins
CEA Ag/NR Camp County

Hi Spencer, I guess since we do not have much water movement, the dead vegetation doesn't seem to want to breakdown and seems to create algae. If you want to take a look at it, we would welcome it and you can come by to see the new calf too. Give us a call 469-734-0740 Cheryl and John