Ratio of vinegar to peppers, in making jelly

I have made Jalapeno jelly for many years, using Sure Jell, and it is fine, BUT, recently I discovered the Pomona"s Pectin and their recipe says to use a LOT more vinegar to pepper---equal amounts) I don't want to do that much vinegar. But I like their pectin because I can use much less sugar. My old recipe uses 4 cups of chopped peppers, 1 cup of vinegar and 4 or 5 cups of sugar. I now want to make it with much less sugar, but am told that I'll need a lot more vinegar for this pectin. Can you help me on what to do? i am ready to make my Jalapeno Pepper Jelly now!!

Contra Costa County California

Unfortunately, it is important to follow the recipe provided with the pectin, especially when making jelly with a low acid food like peppers. I recommend you use the Sue Jel recipe if you do not want the extra vinegar with the Pamona Pectin.