Steam Turbine

9/25/2015 How much pressure will be required in PSI for a compressed air (instead of STEAM) For a turbine to produce 1 MW of Electricity?

Outside United States ag energy energy wind turbines

Sorry, This sounds a bit like a class assignment. If it is not, please let us know what purpose you this answer and we'll try to work with you.

Hi Beth
Thanks
I am working on a project to produce electricity in which steam is replaced by non hydrocarbon gas, Ammonia.
this question is for this purpose.
I hope this will satisfy you to answer my question.

Not enough information has been provided to answer the question. Fluid power calculations require both the fluid pressure (which you have asked for) AND the mass flow rate (which you have not provided). In this case, you will also need to provide the fluid temperature. Note that if the pressure is very high but the flow rate is zero, no power is provided by the fluid because no work is being done.

These calculations can be tedious and depend heavily on the design of the turbine itself. I suggest you obtain a suitable textbook on fluid power design.