Gnats in house

I have gnats in the kitchen that I can't seem to eliminate. They may be fungus gnats because I am treating spots in my lawn for fungus, but I don't see gnats in the grass. I have eliminated all indoor plants , used vinegar and soap traps, banana peelings traps, spray for flying insects, gnat catchers, and an industrial strength drain cleaner. Nothing has worked. No food is left out and the kitchen appears to be clean. HELP!!!!!

Tarrant County Texas integrated pest management lawns and turf horticulture

Good question, sounds like you have taken most of the steps you can do. It may just be you have to give it time though, for them to go through the life cycle and go away. I have had that issue at times with fruit, potatoes and other vegetables. It can also be caused by a drain issue from laundry room, bathrooms or kitchen? They can also come from areas that have excess moisture? Below is a snippet from a colleague that might help as well?

Fungus gnats occasionally become a nuisance indoors when adults emerge as tiny flying insects around potted plants. House plants grown outdoors for the summer often bring fungus gnats indoor for the winter. The gnats are not noticed until the population becomes a nuisance. The gnats are attracted to damp potting soil usually containing fungi, algae and/or dead plant material. The tiny fungus gnat larvae feed in soil high in organic and roots of some plants. Fungus gnats are harmless to humans and pets. Control fungus gnats by removing any old dead plant material on the soil surface. Remove the top layer of soil and add fresh soil. Cut back on water. Make sure the container drains properly. Place a yellow sticky card trap near the soil. The adults will stick to the trap, breaking the life cycle. Drain Gnats If gnats are found in the kitchen or bathroom around the sink, tub or shower, then drain gnats are the problem. Drain gnats live on the fungus and algae growing in the drain. The control is to clean the drain with drain cleaner or bleach. If the problem drain has a disposal, stuff the disposal with ice and a few lemon or orange peels. Turn on the disposal. The ice acts as an abrasive to clean ant fungus or algae off the sides of the disposal. The citrus peels are to refresh the disposal. Repeat as necessary.