Webbing pattern on pumpkin

We have a client in Union County who has a curious issue with her pumpkins. She said that every pumpkin in her garden has this pattern of dry skin (two photos attached). The plants look normal/healthy otherwise. I haven't been able to find anything in my research...does this look familiar to anyone?

Union County Oregon squash horticulture

Looks like a severe case of edema, typically caused by moisture stress of some sort. Seems more common this year than in some.
From http://mtvernon.wsu.edu/path_team/cucurbit.htm#edema
A physiological problem: prominent when air is cooler than the soil, soil moisture is high, and relative humidity is high. The low plant transpiration rates combined with an increase in water absorption by roots from the soil leads to increased cell turgor pressure, resulting in eruption of epidermal cells as the inner cells enlarge. Protrusion of the inner cells causes epidermal cells to die and discolor, resulting in a ’warty’ appearance that can be misidentified as a disease. I