Can any help until my hearing in November?

Asked September 24, 2015, 5:28 AM EDT

I am left with no income, I am unable to work, I am waiting for a hearing for Supplemental Security Income and disability in late November. I have no finances available to me. My family is struggling as well. I need to be able to get some kind of emergency cash, but I only need it for a short time, until my hearing. Can anyone help?

Multnomah County Oregon

1 Response

We do not have an Expert that deals directly with these issues, but I recommend you contact Oregon 211 about your question. 211 is a guide to health and social services in Oregon and Southwest Washington. When you provide 211 with your exact location in Multnomah County they can give you information about local resources in your area. You can contact them by dialing 211 toll free or TEXT your zip code to 898211, or EMAIL

You can also try the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) in Multnomah at (855) 673-2372. People of all ages, incomes and disabilities can obtain information on the full range of long- and short-term support options available in their communities through the ADRC.

Good luck to you and your family.