A new farm

Asked September 22, 2015, 7:29 AM EDT

I have recently come to own some property in Pendleton county on hwy 609 in butler. Is there guidance available on starting perhaps a tree farm or some other type of agriculture based business available? Also I wonder if grants are available for such a venture.

Pendleton County Kentucky

1 Response

Greetings and welcome to Pendleton County. I would be very happy to set up a time to meet with you to discuss your goals, farm layout, and help you create a farm plan. The UK Cooperative Extension Service has a great selection of research based publications to use as resources as well as budget models that I can share with you once determining your specific goals and production endeavors. There are loan opportunities for new farmers as well as cost share programs to offset the costs of production. Most grants that are available must benefit multiple farmers or organizations for consideration. Please contact me at 859-654-3395 or Lindie.huffman@uky.edu to discuss options or set up a time to meet. I look forward to hearing from you.